Life is much more interesting upside down.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Poetic Masquerade

After writing this piece & stumbling upon it once again about a week or so later I tried to recollect how I was feeling the day it was created. I was surprised to remember that much to the opposition of the poem, my mood was completely content as it was being thought of. It made me wonder if we suppress emotion enough so that even our own minds cannot detect it anymore. That there is an ingrained torment unable to be confronted, but merely imprinted into the psyche. Anyways, I'll stop being all philosophical & deep and just let you read it.


Internal violence
an aortic shrapnel attack
a flood into veins of regret
for everything never said
and erruptions of irrationality and harshness

For the lack of everything you needed
and the person I would never be
For the days when we were infinite
and now... as I lay hollow

Nothing to reconstruct
only fragments
junk
biological rubbish
senses causing an inferno of emotion

To see is to be burned by memories
To hear- be deafened by silence
To breathe- an inhalation of remorse
an exhalation of nostalgia


No comments:

Post a Comment